Steep & Go is designed for the health conscious person on-the-go. It pairs with disposable water bottles and loose leaf teas to make cold-brewed tea on-the-go. With no heat added, in just 10 minutes you'll brew fresh iced tea packed with antioxidants and great flavor. And with no added sugar or preservatives, you can feel confident knowing exactly what you're drinking - fresh tea! Simply add more water for multiple infusions, and make this reusable infuser even more economical and eco-friendly. And when cold brewing, tea doesn't oversteep or get bitter. Steep & Go will transform the way you stay hydrated! Water bottle not included.
How to Steep & Go
1. Add 2-3 pinches of tea to your water bottle, per every 16 oz of water.
2. Insert Steep & Go. Screw to tighten. (Default adapter position fits Dasani® bottles, other side fits European bottles like Evian® & Volvic®)
3. Shake to mix leaves.
4. Wait 10 min, pop lid & enjoy
Where to Purchase:
I've been meaning to review this clever gadget for quite some time now and it wasn't until I saw Oolong Owl's recent review that I remembered that I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Today is the day I'll remedy that, so without further ado, here is my take on the Steep & Go from the Tea Spot.
The Steep & Go is my current go-to device for when I'm traveling. All I do is toss a few teaspoons of tea into my water bottle, screw on the Steep & Go, then set my tea aside for 10 minutes or more to let it cold steep. This is especially handy when I know I won't have access to hot water, which is why it was the only tea device I took on my trip to France last year. It also saw me through a summer of boating and most of my other travel for the past 18 months. It's been such a handy device that I bought six of them and gave them out as gifts last year. With a price tag of $5.95, it's definitely an excellent gift that won't break the bank.
- Easy to use, little mess or cleanup
- Adapter rings to fit many bottle styles
- Filter works well, even with rooibos. It only allows the occasional small particle to pass through
- Leak-proof seal
- Travels well and is durable (mine has been toddler tested and approved!)
- Inexpensive and makes a great gift
- Comes in 4 colors (blue, green, purple, and black)
- BPA Free
- Dishwasher-safe (I haven't tested this out, I hand-wash my teaware)
- If you have arthritis the adapter rings can be difficult to unscrew, generally I have my hubby do it for me, which solves that problem.
- After heavy use it becomes tea stained and can be difficult to clean. I generally scrub mine with baking soda or cream of tartar and a toothbrush, but I've been told Mandala Teas Smart Soak Tea Stain dissolver works wonders. Check back in May for a review of this product, I have a sample on the way.
My Rating: 100/100
Would I order this again? Yes. I love this so much that I've given these as gifts to all of my tea loving friends and family.