I’m the nosey type, so I always wonder about other people’s holiday shopping habits. Do you like to pick up things here and there? Order from lists? Make your own gifts? Stick with gift cards? Are you already finished with your shopping or have you just started? Maybe you’re a last minute shopper (my husband sure is!) No matter what your shopping preference Not Starving Yet is here to help. Today we’re launching the first of our annual gift guides and next month we’ll be starting on DIY gifts and Cookies. We’ve got all the bases covered this year, so check back often for more great ideas.
- Get It Right Skinny Spatula from Sur la Table: GIR sent me their skinny spatula to evaluate and I loved it so much I went out and bought two more—you can never have too many spatulas in your kitchen. These affordably priced spatulas make a great stocking stuffer and come in a huge range of colors.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups from Sur la Table: I love the design of these cups, they're made from one solid piece of stainless steel, which means you don't get leftover food particles trapped around the base of the handle. These heavy duty stainless steel measuring cups will last a lifetime!
- Kuhn Rikon Silicone Rainbow Whisk from Amazon: This silicone whisk is a real workhorse in my kitchen (I own it in two sizes.) It's perfect for using with non-stick cookware and the rainbow colors are a lot of fun.
- Kuhn Rikon Classic Snips from Amazon: Santa left me a set of these snips in my stocking last year, they're great! I've used them in the kitchen for simple tasks like cutting up celery sticks, but what they're really great at is opening up clamshell packing and cutting off cable ties. If you've ever broken a pair of scissors trying to open one of these two things, then this is the product for you.
- Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven from Amazon: This is a fairly new addition to my kitchen, but since it's so versatile it sees a lot of use. From jam making to fresh baked bread, this dutch oven is a real workhorse.
- Architec Gripper Barboard from Amazon: These tiny cutting boards are great if you have a small space. They're large enough to cut up small amounts of fruit or veggies, yet small enough to fit in most kitchen drawers.
- Thermapen MK4 from Thermoworks: There is a reason why this instant-read thermometer is loved by chefs and home cooks everywhere. It's quick, accurate, and splash-proof. Once you've used one you won't know how you ever lived without it.
- Anti-Fatigue Mat - WellnessMats Estates Collection Essential Series from Amazon: Standing for long periods can take its toll, which is why I love using an anti-fatigue mat. If you're in the kitchen for long periods or spend your days at work standing in one place, then these mats are a must.
- Lodge 12-Inch Cast-Iron Skillet from Amazon: I've always been a huge fan of cast-iron, it's affordably priced and will last a lifetime when properly cared for. Plus, it makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever!
- Marble Rolling Pin from Sur la Table: This marble French-style rolling pin stays cool to the touch so it won't melt your butter pie crusts. The heavy weight of the pin makes rolling pie dough effortless. It's an absolute dream to use!
- Rose's Perfect Pie Plate from Amazon: These sturdy ceramic pie plates give your pies a great looking fluted edge with a minimal amount of effort making them perfect for both novice and experienced bakers.
- Mastrad Orka Plus Oven Mitt from Amazon: I've been though several different brands of oven mitts over the years, but Mastrad is my favorite. The silicone mitt rinses off easily and has a removable liner than can be tossed in the washing machine as necessary.
- Microplane Classic Two-Way Ribbon Grater from Amazon: You can't go wrong with any of the microplane graters, but the two-way ribbon grater makes quick work of a bar of chocolate or block of cheese.
- Fox Run Retro Kitchen Timer from Amazon: This magnetic kitchen timer is an excellent gift for anyone with a retro flare! Added bonus: It's a manual timer which means you will never run out of batteries again.
- Urbano Eco Trash Can from Amazon: If you've ever had trouble dealing with excessive amounts of plastic bags, then you'll love the design of this trash can. Your leftover shopping bags will now double as trash bags and it's small size is perfect for a bathroom or dorm room.
This post contains my Amazon and Sur la Table affiliate links. I try to keep advertising unobtrusive and to a minimum in order to provide you with the best experience possible. Purchases made through these links provide me with a small income and ensure I can continue providing you with quality content.
GIR (Get it Right) has provided us with a spatula for review purposes and we loved it so much we decided to include it in our annual gift guide. Keep your eyes peeled, in the coming weeks we'll be having a spatula showdown to determine which spatula truly reigns supreme and which didn't perform as well as we had hoped.