This week we're taking a break from Fair Trade teas because I wanted to take a moment to tell you about the changes that are coming to Simple Loose Leaf, the tea subscription service I review each month. October will be the last month for the selection club, Simple Loose Leaf is rolling out a new plan called the tea co-op as well as a new online store.
The New Tea Co-op explained:
- You'll receive a box each month with a ¼ ounce sample of each of the new teas featured in Simple Loose Leaf's online store. You can expect to receive 4 - 6 new teas each month.
- After you sample the teas in your box you'll be able to order more from the new online store. As part of your membership you will receive a card with a discount code for 50% off your purchase in the online store (not including shipping.)
- All teas ordered from the online store will be charged flat rate shipping. It will be $3 in the US, and is estimated to be $5-7 for Canada (the exact price for Canadian shipping has yet to be determined)
- The new Co-op membership will cost $15/month, $9.95 less than the current club.
- Your account will be charged on the 25th of the month and your sample box will ship out the 1st of the following month. (i.e. Charged on October 25th and Shipped on November 1st.)
I'm excited to see that Simple Loose Leaf is finally offering a way for me to order more of the teas I've enjoyed from my monthly box. Check back next month for my first review of the new tea co-op and make sure to use the coupon code below if you're interested in signing up.
Where to Purchase:
Hojicha Green Tea
Yunnan Jig Tea
Pu'erh Spice Tea
There is something incredibly soothing about peppermint tea. That is why I always keep some on hand for those days when I'm stressed out or not feeling particularly well. It always manages to lighten my mood and set my stomach straight when I'm sick (or when I have eaten more than any one person should in one sitting.) Lately I've been drinking a cup after I take the pain medication my dentist prescribed, it helps ease the upset stomach it always gives me. Since peppermint is naturally caffeine-free it's the perfect late night drink so I often find myself having another cup before bed. A relaxing cup of hot tea is the perfect way to end a long day, although lately my toddler has been drinking more of my peppermint tea than I have. It's always been his favorite flavor.
My Rating: 80/100
Would I order this again?Yes! Peppermint is something I always keep on hand for when I'm sick, plus it's a great tea for children.
In an effort to be open with my readers I want to let you know that Simple Loose Leaf has provided me with a free subscription to their service. As always, all opinions are my own.