Pumpkin Pie Spiced Shortbread Cookies
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
3 large egg yolks
1 cup Sugar in the Raw (for coating)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl cream together butter, confectioner’s sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add flour and mix until well combined
- Separate egg whites from yolks, reserving whites for breakfast tomorrow.
- Add yolks and mix until eggs are full incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters, making sure to dust cutters lightly with flour before each cut to prevent sticking.
- Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheets and sprinkle with lightly with sugar before baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
Inspiration for this recipe
Green Tea Sweets - For the Love of Dessert
What if I don't have pumpkin pie spice? Make sure you check out last week's recipe and make your own. You can also substitute the pumpkin pie spice for something else. Don't be afraid to experiment, I've made this same recipe with lavender and enjoyed it with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea.