This year I decided to opt out of shopping during Black Friday so I could sleep in until ten and eat leftover pie for breakfast (while wearing my comfy jammies, of course.) I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day. Some people like to get up early and brave the crowds, but I will always choose pie over shopping, of that you should have no doubt.
Now, just because I took the day off and spent it acting like the glutton you know I am doesn't mean I didn't have you on my mind—I had a feeling at least some of you were staying in and enjoying your own food coma. So, for those of you who were smart enough to avoid the holiday madness that is Black Friday I have another handy gift guide made up of my favorite edible things. If store bought gifts really aren't your style, make sure you check out our DIY gifts and Cookies for some tasty holiday inspiration.
- Lucero Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, $19.96 from Sur la Table: A friend brought us back a bottle of Lucero Lemon Olive Oil as a thank you for keeping an eye on their house—it was love at first bite! Use it to liven up veggies or try it on our Oven Roasted Asparagus.
- Stonewall Kitchen Holiday 2015 Sampler Collection, $25.99 from Amazon: This sampler gives you a taste of some of the best Stonewall Kitchen has to offer. I love their roasted garlic mustard and wild Maine blueberry jam... so tasty!
- Sonoma Syrup Co. Infused Simple Syrups (Vanilla Bean, Meyer Lemon, Mint, Pumpkin Spice, Salted Caramel, or Original), $10.95 - $15.00 from Sur la Table: I've become addicted to these ready-to-use simple syrups. They're great in coffee, tea, or cocktails.
- Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt, $13.99 from Amazon: Have someone in your life who loves to grill? Give them the gift of smoked sea salt from the San Francisco Salt Company! They come in Hickorywood, Applewood, and Alderwood, but Cherrywood is my favorite.
- Fusion Black Truffle Sea Salt, $17.99 from Amazon: I know, truffles were so two years ago but this salt is delicious on air popped pop corn... it's my new favorite snack!
- Sir Kensington's Chipotle Mayonnaise, $7.09 from Amazon: Add a little spice to your holiday leftovers with this soy-free mayonnaise. Not a fan of chipotles? It comes in Sriracha too!
- Amarena Black Cherries in Syrup by Toschi, $24.99 from Amazon: Once you've tasted these you'll never bother with Maraschino cherries again! They're absolutely divine in or on ice cream.
- Adagio Mix & Match Tea Gift Set, $19.99 from Adagio: This set is so much fun, it's the type of gift any tea-lover will enjoy. Want to know more? You can read our full review on the Ice Cream Trio Mix & Match set.
- Torani Peppermint Bark Sauce, $9.49 from Amazon: Peppermint Bark Latte, need I say more?
- Hammond's Peppermint Ribbon Candy, $3.99 + shipping from Amazon: I've had an ongoing love affair with ribbon candy since I was a kid, it isn't the holidays without it.
This post contains my Adagio, Amazon, and Sur la Table affiliate links. I try to keep advertising unobtrusive and to a minimum in order to provide you with the best experience possible. Purchases made through these links provide me with a small income and ensure I can continue providing you with quality content.